12/07/2011

Count Skrillex Top Longshot for 2012 Grammys

HOLLYWOOD, CA (Hollywood Today) 12/4/11 — Count Skrillex is the underdog to watch at the Grammys on February12, 2012. The newcomer took in a astounding five nominations, behind only Adele, the Foo Fighters and Bruno Mars who scored six each and Kanye West who leads with seven.

He may be a new name for many in the public, he is not for those in the industry – who after all are the Grammy voters.



While Skrillex isn’t a a chart sensation, he is a producer big enough to helm the next Korn album, out next week.

Nonetheless he will be facing serious completion for Best New Artist from Band Perry and Minaj, who have been winning other award shows and critical faves Bon Iver, and Jay-a critical darling, and J. Cole, who had a No.1 album and is the protégé of Jay-Z J. Cole, who had a No 1. album.

Skrillex is nominated for best dance recording for “Scary Monsters and Nice Sprites,” and also nominated for best dance/electronica album for his EP.

“It just hasn’t really hit me yet,” he told AP in a phone interview from Manchester, England, on Thursday. “I wouldn’t have thought I would come this far in so many ways.”

“I feel very proud of where I come from,” Skrillex said of being in the electronic music scene, a genre that has exploded on Top 40 radio in recent years. “I do feel like I represent something and I’m a part of something and it’s an honor to be there.”

No comments:

Post a Comment